web administration tool: "invalid attribute list"

Discuss the Scalix Server software

Moderators: ScalixSupport, admin

laramie

web administration tool: "invalid attribute list"

Postby laramie » Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:54 am

I created several user accounts using the GUI wizard during the installation process. If I run "omshowu -m all" I can see those users; however, they were not added to the /etc/passwd file unlike my admin user.

Now when I attempt to view or modify those users using the web administration tool, I get the following error:

{invalid attribute list} around line 10

The URL is http://my.scalix.server/Scalix/admin/14526/

This same error also occurs when I enter "*" in the "ASCII surname" field of the "Search for Users" form.

I created a user using the web administration tool, and I am able to successfully view/modify that user.

I figured the easiest solution would be just to delete the two users in question and start over, but I am not able to delete the users because I get the above error message every time I attempt to delete them.

Any suggestions?

ScalixSupport
Scalix
Scalix

Administration Console coming; Command lines rule!

Postby ScalixSupport » Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:40 pm

ONLY the scalix administration account created at installation gets added to the local user file. Don't be alarmed.

After you get used to them, you'll find the command lines much easier to use. The one you're looking for is omdelu. In general, the command are show, add,mod, del surrounded by om and action specifics. For example:

omshowu, omaddu, ommodu, omdelu
omshowpdl, omaddpdl, ommodpdl, omdelpdl
and so on.

It is important to note that the current admin tool is being replaced by a full featured, roles based administration console.

Thanks!

- scm

laramie

Postby laramie » Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:31 am

I was able to delete the users by using the omdelu command. They no longer appear in the output from omshowu.

However, I still am unable to use, for example, the "search" feature of the web interface. The same error ("invalid attribute list") is raised. I realize that your suggestion is to use the command line tools instead, but I'm worried that there's some sort of corruption in my data that I should resolve. Is that error normal with the current version of the web interface? Or is it nothing to worry about?

Return to “Scalix Server”