export mail crashed server to new (already running) server

Discuss the Scalix Server software

Moderators: ScalixSupport, admin

jbru

export mail crashed server to new (already running) server

Postby jbru » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:27 am

Hi,

Because my old server wasn't accepting any user passwords anymore I had to install a complete new server. Lot of work to setup all users again, but it works.

Only now I've got a problem. The new mail is on the new server, but there are also old mails on the old <not running> server. And I know there was a to-be-send queue with lots of mail. Is there a way to export the old mails and put them on the new server so users can have their old mails back. I don't mean instead of the new server but merge it with the new one.

And is there also a possibility to export the to-be-send queue and send them from the new server?

Old and new server both are Scalix 11.6.4 Old server OS is Suse Enterprise 10 32 bit and the new one CentOS 5.5 64 bit
There are 10 people who understand binary, they who do and they who don't.

ls-al
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Re: export mail crashed server to new (already running) server

Postby ls-al » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:00 am

The messages in the mailstore can be handled with sxmboxexp/sxmboximp. (Did I mention that there is a nice tool to export/dump the mailstore? Have a look at http://www.scalix.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17198 ;-) ).

Messages in the queues are a bit complicated to move. There is a tool called "omqdump" which is generally able to export and import from/to a queue. But its an interactive tool and will not do the required bulk operations. Some scripting would be necessary.

jbru

Re: export mail crashed server to new (already running) server

Postby jbru » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:53 pm

I managed to export and import with sxmboxexp/sxmboximp

The tool I couldn't get it to work somehow, but in between I reinstalled the server again, so maybe the tool did work now, but I haven't try because I used the sxmboxexport already.

Thanks for your great help!
There are 10 people who understand binary, they who do and they who don't.

Return to “Scalix Server”