.sxmboxexp format conversion?

Discuss the Scalix Server software

Moderators: ScalixSupport, admin

RickC

Re: .sxmboxexp format conversion?

Postby RickC » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:59 am

I asked the same thing, even opened a support call. Nada, Scalix doesn't use the industry standard text mbox, they have their own 'mbox' which cannot be loaded into anything other than other scalix boxes.

Valerion
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Postby Valerion » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:26 am

You have to take the long route here. Import it into a Scalix mailbox on a test server, then use something like imapsync to send it to a IMAP mailbox in mbox format.

RickC

Postby RickC » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:35 am

Hi, can you clarify ... when you say "send it to an IMAP mailbox in mbox format" - are you saying use imapsync to send it to a non-Scalix account, that will allow us to export it to text mbox?

Thanks,

Rick

Valerion
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Postby Valerion » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:38 am

Correct. You can use a server like dovecot or similar that uses the mbox format in the backend, but it must not be a Scalix mailbox.

imapsync is designed to do mailbox-to-mailbox migrations between IMAP servers. There are several other such tools as well.

hydrospace

Postby hydrospace » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:54 am

In general the mailmover would do the trick and converts the sxmboxexp files into pst files. Anyway it needs to be purchased from the vendor and I do not know how much they would charge for it at least the evaluation licenses do really stop after 5 runs or so. Anyway the mapping setup is really tricky as well. And last but no least: pst is a proprietary format as well and can only be read by using outlook so far (or used with TB to import into any imap mailbox). I do not know if you need address mapping within the process of converting the data if so: "Happy mapping ;-) " otherwise send me a PM if you have further questions.

Forgot one thing: mialmover supports afaik only omcpoutu dumps which are limited to the well know ~2 GB limit... (anyway sxmboxexp should work but I never run any tests with sxboxexp'ed mailboxes ony omcpoutu ones...). I know splitting the export might be an option as well but this is really hard to handle..

Stefan

Return to “Scalix Server”