Attachments not been sent

Discuss the Scalix Server software

Moderators: ScalixSupport, admin

jplorier

Attachments not been sent

Postby jplorier » Thu May 06, 2010 10:31 am

Hi guys

I'm having a random problem since a while, but it seems to be more often this days. I have users (all outlook) that send mails with attachments (.jpg, .doc all non-stoppable by antivirus) and the receiver get the mail without the attach. But it's not all the time, just some times and the user is not always the same.
What I don't know is where to look for logs that may show the attach is sent by our server so that would mean that the problem is at the receiver.
If anyone can show me the way to start digging, it's welcome.
Regards,

mikethebike

Re: Attachments not been sent

Postby mikethebike » Thu May 06, 2010 1:28 pm

HI,

make sure you have logging turned on for service router, at least level 9 (have a look at ~sys/audit.cfg, and maybe turn the logging up to, I think level 11, that shows the attachment type in emails).

If user reports the issue, look for the email in the audit log, and also in your sendmail (or whatever smtp mta mailer you are using) and find the mail there also (if its sendmail, its most likely in /var/log/mail.log).
YOu should see the size of the message at both points, and the size should be similar (slightly larger at sendmail due to protocol overheads).

Mick

jplorier

Re: Attachments not been sent

Postby jplorier » Thu May 06, 2010 1:37 pm

Thanks Mike, I'll try that
Regards

Return to “Scalix Server”