Where's Scalix 11.5 ?

Discuss the Scalix Server software

Moderators: ScalixSupport, admin

florian
Scalix
Scalix

Re: Where's Scalix 11.5 ?

Postby florian » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:15 pm

Well, I think "bigger change" is still to small to describe it; it's a new product component on the server side that would support Outlook using the OEP protocol.

From that perspective, it means both, and more. It's too big a feature for a minor release, as it involves change in architecture. It's not ready yet, and won't be in time for a 11.5 release. And, as with other Scalix 12 thinking and components, we're surely working on it as we speak, although other, shorter-term projects in similar space, like Outlook 2010 support for the connector, take higher priority while they need a go-to-market quicker.

With this said, I don't think it's anything that'll see the light of day before the very end of this new year, or even next.

Cheers,
Florian
Florian von Kurnatowski, Die Harder!

sgreen

Postby sgreen » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:49 pm

omdelu is better, but the web admin delete that our helpdesk folks use seems to have issues with big accounts. I will test this somemore and see if I can maybe put in a decent bug.

Connectorless Outlook is just fantasy of mine as it would make the execs be happier, personally thunderbird and mutt are fine for me.

pcperfect

Postby pcperfect » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:14 am

Since all recent posts about 11.5 have been deleted, i'd thought i post here and have this one deleted as well.

Instead of coming with a promised official statement, they deleted all the topics. This is VERY VERY bad. Can there be any more proof that scalix is dead?

Scalix = No release in a year, no official statement that was promised, deleted forum topic = dead
Xandros = No release in years, forum abandoned by xandros employees = dead

Deleted topics in google cache:
Scalix 11.5 - http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:g_0INho3SfUJ:www.scalix.com/forums/viewtopic.php%3Ff%3D7%26t%3D17300+11.5+site:scalix.com&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&client=ubuntu
Is Scalix Dead? - http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:XPS6OU9qSV0J:www.scalix.com/forums/viewtopic.php%3Ff%3D7%26t%3D15701+11.5+site:scalix.com&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&client=ubuntu
And this one in about 15 mins...

Please delete this one as well and prove it.

RSisco

Postby RSisco » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:32 am

Wow, I hadn't even realized those threads were gone, even though I have been following both of them. If they were purposely deleted, how tacky.

I wonder if anyone from Scalix has a legitimate reason for them being gone???

Personally, I think the comments from Florian were slightly reassuring; ultimately leading me to believe that 11.5 actually will exist for the public one day. Now, however, those comments and reassuring statements are gone. Anyone new searching the forum for news on 11.5 will find a disappointing amount of content.

Richard
I have officially quit using Scalix, but continue to visit the forums
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scalix Server 11.4.6.13676
Scalix Connect 11.4.6.9214
SWA 11.4.6.12377
Outlook 2007
CentOS 5.3

joako

Postby joako » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:29 pm

Scalix seems very dead. I can't even buy it!! Been back and forth with Scalix sales for months, typical turn around time is 2+ weeks per email, doesn't seem like they even want to sell what they have.
<Signature deleted... Florian>

billb3
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Postby billb3 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:33 pm

joako wrote:Scalix seems very dead. I can't even buy it!! Been back and forth with Scalix sales for months, typical turn around time is 2+ weeks per email, doesn't seem like they even want to sell what they have.

Who have you been emailing? I usually get a quick response. Try steve.langer@xandros.com

joako

Postby joako » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:36 pm

Yes, I spoke with him on last Thursday, told me he would call me on Friday and still no response. I've sent him two emails since then and also no response.

So the way I see it they are not interested in making sales. And I will not pressue them to do that, if they don't want to respond to calls or email that's their loss.

billb3
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Postby billb3 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:41 pm

joako wrote:Yes, I spoke with him on last Thursday, told me he would call me on Friday and still no response. I've sent him two emails since then and also no response.

So the way I see it they are not interested in making sales. And I will not pressue them to do that, if they don't want to respond to calls or email that's their loss.

From your recent forum posts, you clearly do not think highly of the product at all. I'm confused why you are here. Why would you purchase anything if it is so terrible? Why not cut your losses (are there any losses? Do you currently own any Scalix licenses?) and switch to another product?

joako

Postby joako » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:01 pm

Well I've been trying to buy a support contract, or whatever it is they propose to get a system working 100% since Septermber. Seems like maybe I should give up and just use proven software like Microsoft Exchange.

billb3
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Postby billb3 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:02 pm

joako wrote:Well I've been trying to buy a support contract, or whatever it is they propose to get a system working 100% since Septermber. Seems like maybe I should give up and just use proven software like Microsoft Exchange.

Sounds like it.

florian
Scalix
Scalix

Postby florian » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:39 pm

Yup, I think I've been asking the same question for quite a while. If Scalix is such a bad product, why don't you simply find your happiness with MS Exchange, Zimbra, Kerio, Zarafa or any of the other products out there? Why do you run your current mail server on such a piece of crap, and seem to have done so for years?

Code: Select all

Flurry:~ florian$ dig joako.net MX | grep MX
; <<>> DiG 9.6.0-APPLE-P2 <<>> joako.net MX
;joako.net.         IN   MX
joako.net.      1786   IN   MX   10 sclx.netjdn.com.
Flurry:~ florian$ telnet sclx.netjdn.com 25
Trying 67.23.234.199...
Connected to sclx.netjdn.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 sclx.netjdn.com ESMTP Scalix SMTP Relay 11.4.6.13676; Mon, 06 Dec 2010 18:37:10 -0500 (EST)
QUIT
221 sclx.netjdn.com closing connection
Connection closed by foreign host.

I've checked with Elena on the message you left in the forum, she doesn't remember missing any piece of comms from you, probably same for Steve - can you please post your original message (if possible with message ID), so that we can clarify what happened to this to some final end?

Tx,
Florian.

joako

Postby joako » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:07 pm

No I have not used the Scalix server "for years" less than a year if you really care to ignore the big picture and get into silly details and ever since migrating data from Exchange it has not run in a 100% reliable manner. For my mailbox it's been pretty problem free but for some of the other mailboxes it hasn't been much better than, as how you describe it, crap. While I don't think that a software you describe in such a positive light could possibly could/should not just work out of the box when no modifications or hacks are done, I don't rule out that possibility, and that is why for the past four months I've attempted to engage your sales department to determine amongst your commerical products what, if anything, you offer fits my needs.

Oh and my last message to Steve was today 16:20 ET... are you having email issues?

florian
Scalix
Scalix

Postby florian » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:11 pm

well, at least you joined the forum and have been making flame-type remarks since 2007, I'd call this years. So maybe you haven't been seriously using it back then - which doesn't make your comments more meaningful.

My assessment in short is simple - Scalix won't meet your needs, so I would recommend you move on to a different product and community to rant. :-)

Florian.

joako

Postby joako » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:15 pm

And why do you say that Scalix won't meet my needs? Is it not capable of syncronize between devices while maintaining data integrity? Is it not possible to run without seeing daily crashes? How can you even be certain that indeed the software is correctly installed and configured if you have never logged into my machine?

Regardless, I am still waiting for a response from Steve or someone else in your sales department.

florian
Scalix
Scalix

Postby florian » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:20 pm

That's what I'm telling you and there is probably noone more qualified on this planet than me to make this statement. So you may simply want to trust me.

You're you're impolite, you're focusing on making noise instead of trying to cooperate to solve problems, your bug reports are pretty low quality in terms of reproduction information and it doesn't feel good working with or talking to you, you simply lack any kind of style that I'd find enjoyable.

I think you're way better served by a standard product like Exchange where people tend to call that product's bug "features". And, btw., it seems that you've overused your eval license, so you may be in breach of our eval license agreement and possibly will see the consequences of that, too.

Case closed from my side,
Florian.

Return to “Scalix Server”