Where's Scalix 11.5 ?

Discuss the Scalix Server software

Moderators: ScalixSupport, admin

da

Re: Where's Scalix 11.5 ?

Postby da » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:45 pm

Did any of these sources indicate that there would be a bug-fixing release (i.e. 11.4.7) before then?

SidebandSamurai

Postby SidebandSamurai » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:42 pm

cbit is running now ... I did not see Scalix as one of the participants there on the website.

mcbirne

Postby mcbirne » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:02 am

I think Scalix is dead. We will change to Microsoft Exchange Server because we will not have the same problem in two or three years with Zarafa.

ls-al
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Postby ls-al » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:30 pm

SidebandSamurai wrote:cbit is running now ... I did not see Scalix as one of the participants there on the website.

which is not completely surprising as they havent been there for years.
BTW: There wasnt a direct presentation of Zimbra, even if the Owner participated.

Even if some of the conclusions in this thread are based on facts. This one is a red herring.

ls-al
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Postby ls-al » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:52 pm

mcbirne wrote:I think Scalix is dead. We will change to Microsoft Exchange Server because we will not have the same problem in two or three years with Zarafa.

I will surely not negate that all us us are missing a proper communication from the Xandros officials but the fact that this website is still runing means that there is someone who pays the bill for the server.
Regarding your conclusions: Z. is a AGPL-product which would be a completely other story if they experience a business critical situation.
Before deciding to migrate to MSX you should talk to someone who is using it. Or have a look at social.technet.com.
Same same, but different.
You should evaluate and not decide based on more or less bad experiences with the communication style here.

axslingr

Postby axslingr » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:20 pm

I've been waiting over 3 weeks now for my reseller to quote me on a maintenance license renewal. I've called them 3 times now and always get the "we're working on it and will email it to you" response. Guess what? That's right...still waiting but not going to wait much longer. Evaluating Zimbra at the moment and it's looking pretty good.

Lance

joako

Postby joako » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:48 pm

florian wrote:
joako wrote:I spoke with Steve Langer via telephone 2nd December 2010 during which we discussed my concerns with Scalix. He said he was going to talk to Elena Rivera and get back to me. However there's been no response from Scalix. I've followed up with Steve via email 2nd December, 3rd December, 6th December and 31st January 2011.

Elena should gotten back to you just a few minutes ago. In parallel, we're trying to figure out what happened to your communications with Steve Langer, and they should have an answer for you on that, too.

Best,
Florian.

The last message I have from Elena is 11th Feb.

Again, I hate to speculate but it seems like the unwinding announcement is not far away, are you simply waiting for the active maintenance contracts to expire first?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<Signature deleted... Florian>

anybody

Postby anybody » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:14 pm

I've contacted james.largotta and elena.rivera on Feb 16th and have not heard ANYTHING back at all.

I assume they either
a) have jumped ship
b) have been shut up
c) don't even care

On my telephone call with Scalix Germany several weeks ago they said an announcement would follow soon. Of course nothing ever came...

jandrade

Postby jandrade » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:17 am

It's true that has been some time since last update.

But, we have a large Installed base of Scalix Servers, from 10 to 3000 mailboxes.

Never used Scalix support. Maybe just the first time we installed the Product, the software is so stable you can just forget about it, and the Administration is just too simple.

Last buy and deployment was made just 2 or 3 days ago. Keep up the good work Florian and Team. :lol:

joako

Postby joako » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:46 pm

You can get them on the phone, but it seems they don't want to put out anything in writing. I even tell the sales team: (Elena, etc) If you are going out of business or can't warranty your product just tell me that. And no response. When I ask is Steve (the last salesperson I had meaningful communications with) still with the company? No reply.

Based on the information at hand and lack of announcements I do think the developers are laid off and I guess Scalix is trying to find a buyer. They probably view making an official answer as something that would cause a max exodus (if you have a large scale installation working ok, would you switch to some other solution just based on rumors?) and make what little remains of Scalix not attractive to potential buyers.

Once there's a new buyer I still wouldn't expect any new release for at least a year. They will need to sort through all the rubble and get a development team in full force. That's not an easy task.
<Signature deleted... Florian>

Eugene

Postby Eugene » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:46 pm

xandrosapac wrote:Scalix is not dead! It is very much alive and kicking!!!

A new version is on its way out to the market and have already been demonstrated to few of our clients. There has been a very positive response since then.

Also there are some exciting developments back at the corporate and with an enhanced strength we see ourselves hitting the market.

We are sure all Scalix customers will be happy to see these changes in the coming future!!!

Cheers!!!

Xandros APAC

I'm *sure* this post wasn't here the other day when I read Joako's last post...not too sure how they managed to get it to show the 4th of April when it is the 14th of April but at least it is not the 1st of April!

I digress...back on topic - how do we get to have a look at the rumored new version?

Eagerly awaiting an answer here...
Eugene

camerond01

Postby camerond01 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:43 pm

Eugene wrote:

A new version is on its way out to the market and have already been demonstrated to few of our clients. There has been a very positive response since then.

Also there are some exciting developments back at the corporate and with an enhanced strength we see ourselves hitting the market.

We are sure all Scalix customers will be happy to see these changes in the coming future!!!

Cheers!!!

Xandros APAC

I'm *sure* this post wasn't here the other day when I read Joako's last post...not too sure how they managed to get it to show the 4th of April when it is the 14th of April but at least it is not the 1st of April!

I digress...back on topic - how do we get to have a look at the rumored new version?

Eagerly awaiting an answer here...

You're right Eugene, that post was not here the other day, and has been manually inserted for reasons I don't understand. Otherwise we would have received a topic reply notification. Or someone's taking the mickey.

I think the only way to look at a new version would be if you had a few million dollars to buy Scalix...

anybody

Postby anybody » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:57 am

Oh, is it? So 16 months without even a simple bugfix release are "alive and kicking" ?

xandrosapac wrote:A new version is on its way out to the market and have already been demonstrated to few of our clients. There has been a very positive response since then.

The statement that 11.5 has been demonstrated to a selected group persons was initially posted here on the forums about a year ago. Since then, what exactly has changed?

xandrosapac wrote:Also there are some exciting developments back at the corporate and with an enhanced strength we see ourselves hitting the market.

Make those developments public NOW and commit to a release date for 11.4.7 (with activesync) and 11.5 (with Outlook 2010), then we can judge whether it's exciting or not...

xandrosapac wrote:We are sure all Scalix customers will be happy to see these changes in the coming future!!!

Really all _three_ remaining customers who have not yet been forced to migrate?

xandrosapac wrote:Cheers!!! Xandros APAC

Cheers? I've long since stopped cheering since I've been constantly forced to tell my users "yeah, I know this bug, unfortunately nothing I can do about this". Shouting "Cheer" in the current situation seems rather absurd.

PS: Why do you backdate your forum posts? I can also confirm that your post has appeared out of nowhere between posts that were there beforehand.

ls-al
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Postby ls-al » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:01 am

Guy, calm down. You should have noticed that this forum is moderated for the first 2 posts of a newly registered user. Otherwise you would only see lots of spam between your ranting.
So its absolutely normal that you might see some posts delayed.

foxyguitarman

Postby foxyguitarman » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:07 am

Either way, I'm root'n for you guys. I hope it doesn't turn out to be a wash with the future of Scalix.

Active Sync for the premium users in the community edition would be awesome.

Outlook 2010 support would be cool too.

I suppose if it is a wash I would migrate over to Zimbra or something like it.

Thanks guys for your work and like I said, I'm root'n for you. Scalix has been rock solid for me over the past few years, granted I don't have tons of users but I was pretty much able to setup a box and forget about it unless the power went out where the server is located. That's pretty cool.

Fox

Return to “Scalix Server”