Troubleshooting Scalix issues

Discuss the Scalix Server software

Moderators: ScalixSupport, admin

ScalixSupport
Scalix
Scalix

Troubleshooting Scalix issues

Postby ScalixSupport » Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:43 pm

As you've probably noticed, activity in the forum has increased since the announcement of the Scalix 10 release. That's great news for us but we need your assistance in targetting our responses back to any questions you post.

We need you to post as much detail in your questions as you can.
  • Chapter 20 of the Administration Guide ( which is included in the installation media under the documentation/ directory ) gives a lot of information as to what debugging options are available. This includes logging for the server and for SAC and SWA through tomcat.
  • Make use of the knowledgebase at http://www.scalix.com/support/knowledgebase.html. There are a number of technotes and also copies of the documentation. Note that the Solutions tab in the knowledgebase is separately searchable.
  • This forum also has a search facility. We try not to post the same information multiple times so we may direct you to an existing post.
  • From time to time, we'll post a sticky note at the top of the appropriate forum. Again, take the time to read through the information that's posted.
  • When posting questions to the forum, a list of the tasks that you've already done is more helpful to us than a "it doesn't work" message.
  • Where possible, post the complete picture, for example SWA is IMAP-based so, if you have an SWA question, look at the IMAP server logs as well as the tomcat logs.
  • Similarly, please post more than one line of an error log, we like to be able to see context around the error.

Cheers

Dave

nelsondesouzajr

Re: Troubleshooting Scalix issues - link broken

Postby nelsondesouzajr » Tue May 05, 2009 1:26 pm

Hi, recieve this error when i try access knowledgebase link !!

TKS !!
Nelson

Not Found

The requested URL /enterprise/support/knowledgebase.html was not found on this server.
Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) DAV/2 PHP/5.2.4 mod_ssl/2.2.3 OpenSSL/0.9.8b Server at scalix Port 80

acodring

Re: Troubleshooting Scalix issues

Postby acodring » Wed May 06, 2009 9:45 am

Hi Nelson,
That's quite a blast from the past!
Your best bet today is probably our wiki, especially the FAQ there.
I'll see if we can set up redirects for that old knowledgebase link you found. Thanks for pointing it out!
Cheers,
Andrew

pcperfect

Postby pcperfect » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:05 pm

The correct URL is: http://www.scalix.com/knowledgebase

EDIT: and is now also removed. Guess the info in it was too old and they noticed someone found it again.
Would be nice if it was mentioned thought...
Last edited by pcperfect on Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

smpoole7

Postby smpoole7 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:39 pm

The search facility here, while appreciated, often returns a flood of information, most of which isn't actually related to the question at hand. For those who need help in a hurry, here's a suggestion: use Google's "search a specific site" feature. Go to their main search page and enter something like,

Code: Select all

+what +I +want site:www.scalix.com/forums

... and it will only search these forums. The "+" marks will require all of the specified words. To look for an exact phrase, put it in quotes. For example,

Code: Select all

"tomcat won't start" site:www.scalix.com/forums -patent +opensuse

This queries for the string "tomcat won't start" in the forums, ignores anything with "patent" in it and requires "opensuse."

Just a suggestion.

RSisco

Postby RSisco » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:38 am

I don't have any advice on fixing this issue; however I would recommend starting a new thread in the "Scalix Connect for MS Outlook" area of the forum as opposed to resurrecting an old thread. In my experience you will receive more responses that way.

Richard
I have officially quit using Scalix, but continue to visit the forums
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scalix Server 11.4.6.13676
Scalix Connect 11.4.6.9214
SWA 11.4.6.12377
Outlook 2007
CentOS 5.3

Return to “Scalix Server”