Scalix 11.2 available for download now

A forum for general announcements by the administrators or moderators.

Moderators: ScalixSupport, admin

florian
Scalix
Scalix

Scalix 11.2 available for download now

Postby florian » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:39 am

Folks,

The Scalix Team is proud to announce the general availability of Scalix 11.2, our latest release.

Enterprise customers, resellers and partners should already have received an email notification with download information. If not, please get in touch with your Scalix sales representative or reseller to provide us with updated contact information for future notifications.

Community Packages are available at http://www.scalix.com/downloads

Scalix 11.2 features updated platform support for Fedora 7 and OpenSuSE 10.2. In addition, we have fixed numerous issues in the Outlook Connector related to the use of Active Sync and can now fully support USB synchronisation of devices running Windows Mobile 2005 or Windows Mobile 6 with Active Sync 4.5 and Outlook 2003.

Outside of this, we have fixed almost 80 issues in all product areas, mostly reported through our customer support, these forums and our public bugtracking system. Product quality has been a big focus area for the release.

Not as visible but highly important is that we have added functionality to further enable the use in hosted/service provider environments. While the bits are the same, this requires a different license key. If you are interested in providing a hosted solution based on Scalix, please contact our sales team.

As you might be aware of, this is our first product release since we have been acquired by Xandros. We are very happy to be back in production mode, with all of our processes in QA, development and sales fully integrated with our mother company; the transition is complete, this is really business as usual - or better! So far, working in the new and larger team has been great and I hope this is also visible to the outside world. Feel free to get back to me with any comments that you may have and your experiences with the "New Scalix", to-date.

Also, I do believe we've kept up the promises we've made. Platform support hasn't changed (even updated) and we've actually shipped the versions of Scalix available for non-Xandros platforms a couple days before we'll do the same for the Xandros Server OS. While we'll work on closing that gap our commitment to offer Scalix in various different packagings and configurations, based on user need, remains unchanged. We are a software company focused on customer-centric products for companies of any size, from Small Business to Enterprise and will continue to offer the best possible solutions for such environments.

Another release of Scalix, possibly called 11.3, is already on the way; this will be released in the 2nd half of Q4/2007, I assume early December. This will have some truely exciting new features. We are currently finishing the development specs, but I should have an update for you very shortly.

Looking forward to hear what you think of 11.2...

all the best,
Florian.
Florian von Kurnatowski, Die Harder!

Return to “Announcements”