Scalix 11 goes GA!!!

A forum for general announcements by the administrators or moderators.

Moderators: ScalixSupport, admin

florian
Scalix
Scalix

Scalix 11 goes GA!!!

Postby florian » Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:18 pm

Dear Community,

Scalix is pleased to announce General Availability of Scalix 11, available for download today.

We've just updated the downloads page with the new links for all our supported platforms. The new release is now available as Community, Small Business and Enterprise Editions. The website will be updated over the next couple days to fully cover all features and benefits of the new version. We'll also reorganize the forum boards to reflect the changes and some more.

Commercial customers who want to upgrade to the new release can either go through the public download process; all license keys with a Last Valid Issue Date (LVID) after Dec, 15th, 2006 will work with Scalix 11 as well as this is the official "stamped" release date. We'll also send out update announcements by email shortly.

I was actually hoping to make this announcement my 2000th post on the forum - as you can see from the counter, i finally slipped by about 115 posts. Anyway, we're there, finally, and that's all that counts.

On the product itself, almost more than enough has been said already about all the great new features like Scalix SmartCache, full-text indexed search, folder sharing and delegation in SWA, the new Mobile Web Client, Unicode Support and the Scalix Management and Messaging Web Services. If you haven't seen it, try now - highly encouraged. Installation should be easier than ever, so you'll be up and running in almost no time.

We hope you enjoy our hard work. The whole Scalix Team has put tremendous effort into making this milestone release a reality and we are very proud of everything we put into it.

But most imporantly, many, many thanks to all of you who downloaded the Community Preview, one of the two public beta versions or the one of the release candidates and provided valuable comments through the forum, on the Wiki or by adding to our Bugzilla bugtracking system - your testing and feedback have helped to make this a better product.

Also, a very personal Thank You to the Scalix engineering team for bearing with me through the pre-release phase. Especially on the days when I raised another one of those "can't wait, must-fix, needs-to-get-in" bugs as a result of community input and on your behalf!

It's been hard work, but all good and we've sincerely enjoyed doing it! Hope now you enjoy the results.

I wish you a relaxing and peaceful holiday season or - as we say in Germany:

Frohe Weihnachten und einen Guten Rutsch ins neue Jahr.

Cheers,
Florian.
Florian von Kurnatowski, Die Harder!

Return to “Announcements”