IMAP Folder only 4 MAIL

Discuss the Scalix Server software

Moderators: ScalixSupport, admin

Chris.deb

IMAP Folder only 4 MAIL

Postby Chris.deb » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:11 am

Hello,

I currently testing scalix. So far all is fine :-)

I've one issue related to IMAP.

If I connect the Server via IMAP [Thunderbird or Squirrelmail] all Folders are listed.
Many of them are only usefully in Outlook and even easily possible to destroy.
(I tested to delete a contact in contacts folder and got problems that this folder was not working well afterwards)
- Calender
- Contacts [I can do by LDAP and not Folder]
- Task/Notes
It seems I can not even unsubscribe the folders.

Is there a way to configure scalix to not deploy this folders by default to "normal" IMAP clients and only include mail Folders.

Many thanks in advance !!
Cheers
Christian

BTW and offtopic: I like the idea for CE Raw, because seems that then MAYBE Scalix 4 debian/ubuntu will be available one day in the future.
Last edited by Chris.deb on Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

ScalixSupport
Scalix
Scalix

Postby ScalixSupport » Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:07 am

Hi Chris,

no, this is not possible. You will always get these special folders with the Scalix IMAP server.

Cheers,

Sascha.

Chris.deb

Postby Chris.deb » Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:08 pm

ScalixSupport wrote:no, this is not possible. You will always get these special folders with the Scalix IMAP server.

Hi Sascha,

thanks, but quit sad. I thought maybe a workaround.

Makes the life more difficult in case of migration from or to non Outlook clients (Lot's of becky, and a few eudora and as told thunderbird users).

Next test is trying the Japanese support more deeply (not from me ;-))
Is there any plan for webmail translation in JP?

Have a good week
cheers
Christian

florian
Scalix
Scalix

Postby florian » Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:51 pm

BTW and offtopic: I like the idea for CE Raw, because seems that then MAYBE Scalix 4 debian/ubuntu will be available one day in the future.

Why future? scalix ce raw packages for debian (and I've tried them on ubuntu) are available today.

No plans for japanese at this time; with Scalix 10, you'll also run into character set issues. this will be changed in the next major release where we provide full unicode support.

-- f.
Florian von Kurnatowski, Die Harder!

Chris.deb

Japanese

Postby Chris.deb » Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:14 am

florian wrote:
No plans for japanese at this time; with Scalix 10, you'll also run into character set issues. this will be changed in the next major release where we provide full unicode support.
-- f.

Hi florian,

when you would like help for JP, please feel free to contact me.

Which character set issues ? But finally this means I can not use current version :-(.
We need JP character support.

cheers
Christian

florian
Scalix
Scalix

Postby florian » Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:30 am

Hi Chris,

we might come back to that one - what's you specific relationship to Japan/Japanese?

As of Scalix 10, Scalix only supports western european (basically ISO-8859-1) character sets for a variety of header fields, plaintext email body parts and directory/addressbook information.

We're moving to a full Unicode/UTF-8 based model that will allow proper support for Multi-byted based character sets throughout the system.

Having said that, parts of the system should/will work with japanese characters based on SJIS or UJIS character sets. Try for yourself. However, there is no support at this time; the biggest issues you'll probably have to expect in the MAPI connector/Outlook support.

The next release of Scalix will allow all this to function properly.

Thx,
Florian.
Florian von Kurnatowski, Die Harder!

gdzucker

Re: IMAP Folder only 4 MAIL

Postby gdzucker » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:24 am

On the note of unsubscribing from special folders over an IMAP connection, are there any plans to make this possible in the future? CalDAV can be used to view calendars and Thunderbird 3 is supposed to support LDAP connections to your contact list. Doesn't seem to me that there is a whole lot of value in not having the option to ignore these folders.

Return to “Scalix Server”