Outlook 2007 hanging at Databinding...

Discuss the Scalix Outlook MAPI Interface

Moderators: ScalixSupport, admin

mredz

Outlook 2007 hanging at Databinding...

Postby mredz » Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:45 pm

Every now and then I get an outlook crash. After restarting outlook it hangs while saying Databinding... and wont start. I have to reboot in order to start Outlook again. Can somebody advise which steps to take in order to fix this problem?

Regards
Ed

RAB

Postby RAB » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:11 am

Outlook hanging on startup sounds familiar here - I do not see a message on data binding however.

WinXP Pro - with all latest updates
NOD32 - email settings enabled/disabled no change in behavior
Outlook 2007 - with all latest updates
Scalix Connect 11.4.2.7760
Scalix Server 11.4.2.12068
SmartCache enabled

If OL starts up well - it runs fine with Scalix including SmartCache.

BUT: in particular after inactivity (computer in stand-by with outlook closed, or after a fresh reboot) starting outlook in regular mode freezes outlook (not-responding). The SmartCache icon does come up in the tray - red with animated arrows - but not much happens when inspecting the status details.

Then need to kill Oultlook and sx** processes using task manager. Outlook needs to (re)start in safe mode. Usually starting and then closing Outlook in safe mode aloows startup of Outlook in regular mode afterwards.

I have played around a bit with the add-ins (through the Outlook trust center) and with starting Outlook with the /noextensions option. My impression is that Outlook is a bit "impatient" at startup in regular mode and hangs when loading the Scalix add in.

What does work at all times is starting Outlook with the /noextensions option (outlook.exe /noextensions) and then manually check all boxes under <trust center><add ins><manage><exchange client connections>. SmartCache and other modules come up, Outlook syncs fine.

Usually closing Outlook allows startup in regular mode right after.

Another user has hanging Outlook all the time - did not have the chance to test the /noextensions way on his machine/profile.

>> So we have a 'working" system but it is buggy to say the least. Any suggestions to preload the addins or to make outlook more patient with the add-ins is welcomed!

Oh- yes: another thing I noticed when installing the Scalix Outlook Connector is that Outlook did not start (hanged) till I did a MS Offiice repair (Add/remove Programs - MS Office system - change - repair). This was before I found the outlook.exe /noextensions workaround. Do not know if /noextensions works before repair.

Thanks!
RAB

zlatan24

Re: Outlook 2007 hanging at Databinding...

Postby zlatan24 » Tue May 05, 2009 10:39 am

Heard about good tool which recover mails-microsoft pst file viewer,program is free as far as I know,utility will help you to restore your data from files with *.pst and *.ost extension,tool will work under all supported versions of Microsoft Windows operating system, as well as with Microsoft Outlook,can retrieve all contents as a number of files in *.vcf, *.txt and *.eml formats,will extract thousands of different files, that will be placed into any folder, upon your choice,converting of recovered data into a *.pst file, that can be opened by any mail client or viewer .pst file, compatible with Microsoft Outlook, file size will not exceed 1Gb.

Return to “Scalix Connect for MS Outlook”