About ClamAV

Discuss the Scalix Outlook MAPI Interface

Moderators: ScalixSupport, admin

dangin2005

About ClamAV

Postby dangin2005 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:43 pm

Dear Scalix,
I am using RHEL4 and Scalix 10

I Have install and update clamAV with new database and have configured it by following KnowledgeBase from scalix.com with title ClamAV in a Scalix Environment.
How to make sure clamAV running well for scalix (scanning for send/receive email) becauce in header message iam not seen anything about scanning message by clamAV. So in log file (/var/log/maillog) i dont seen information about scanning by clamAV..

Please Help me
Dangin

mephisto

Postby mephisto » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:09 pm

This has been discussed here.

See chapter 6. Testing in the PDF you mentioned for information on how to check if ClamAV is working.

dangin2005

Postby dangin2005 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:52 pm

Thanks mephisto,
I have following chapter 6 in pdf document. an try send email with attachment clam.exe (clam.exe is proviced by clamAV in folder test from tarball). The message return to sender with error message : Message could not be delivered to the following recipient: (email address recipient) because : Message contains virus infected file

Supplementary Infomation:
Contents of file ndninfo.txt

My problem is : i dont seen anything (such as: message-filter-info +VIRUS-UNCLEANED=REJECT) in /var/opt/scalix/logs/audit log file..

with above condition, clamAV running correctly for scalix or not yet...?

Please help me..
Regards
Dangin

mephisto

Postby mephisto » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:28 am

Try to send the infected email from an external address. To see the log messages you need to do the following:
Turn up audit logging for service router:

Code: Select all

omconfaud router 13

Turn up debug logging for service router

omconflvl router 15

Stop/restart service router

omoff -d 0 rtr
omon rtr

Once you’ve confirmed that ClamAV is working properly, you can reduce the log levels back to 7:

omconfaud router 7
omconflvl router 7
omoff -d 0 rtr
omon rtr

Return to “Scalix Connect for MS Outlook”