Display name, frindly name, From:

Discuss the Scalix Server software
ebhannes

Display name, frindly name, From:

Postby ebhannes » Mon May 30, 2016 9:29 am

Hi,

since version 12 users cannot change their display name in thunderbird anymore. The display name is overridden by scalix account settings. Contacting scalix supoport was rather dissapointing... arguing with security concern, outlook never done that...and so on.
I really would like to decide for myself and change this settings back to like it was in version 11.6: everyone could enter their real names + company name ind thunderbird.
Anyone know, how to setup that?

regards, Hannes

ScalixSupport
Scalix
Scalix

Re: Display name, frindly name, From:

Postby ScalixSupport » Mon May 30, 2016 10:38 am

Hello Mr Hannes,

whenever we make changes in user display name in client setting, then scalix account settings will override the client settings.

Regards,
Scalix Support Team.

ebhannes

Postby ebhannes » Mon May 30, 2016 10:48 am

I know that as i stated before.
I need to change it back like it was when version 11.6 was installed: everyone in the company could type their names an company in. It's much nicer at first sight than receiving mail from someone like "vth" e.g. :wink:
What prevents me from configuring on behalf of the user is:
  • There are two users, who use the same organizational account. With the display name configured with each persons name, it was easy to divide.
  • Some distribution list (which are real mail account!) need to be divided inside scalix sac, so they have a prefix "distribution_", but it's quite irritating the receipient, when receiving mail from this "mail account".

guzi
Scalix
Scalix

Postby guzi » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:56 am

What could help here is using different alias's for the shared mailbox.
Scalix 12 allows you to send emails using different alias addresses , so different users can use separate alias for the same mailbox.

Return to “Scalix Server”