Discuss the Scalix Server software
ebhannes

Tomcat issue, Postgresql question

Postby ebhannes » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:59 pm

hi,

[upgrade install Scalix 11.4.6 -> 12.1]

i'm a bit concerned that tomcat logs many error messages like this:

Code: Select all

SEVERE: The web application [/sis] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [java.lang.ThreadLocal] (value [java.lang.ThreadLocal@cc8655]) and a value of type [org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentTermEnum] (value [org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentTermEnum@1874224]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. This is very likely to create a memory leak.

I've found similar message on http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/MemoryLeakProtection, but there, the error message sounds better:

...To prevent a memory leak, the ThreadLocal has been forcibly removed.
, which is true for Tomcat >=6.0.24
http://localhost:8080 shows me version 6.0.37.
Theres another issue when shutting down the server:

Tomcat did not stop in time PID file was not removed.

Anybody experiencing the same or can tell me, if this is serious?

Another questions regarding postgresql. Recognizing very late that upgrade of postgres (8.1 -> 8.3) has not configured starting at boot time, postgres wasn't running most of the time. i've started it manually when running the script sxapiprep.py but never started it again after a reboot. But also never experienced very long logon times. Can anyone tell me, how to run into an error if postgres isn't working?

Thanks in advance
Toni

gbash1981

Re: Tomcat issue, Postgresql question

Postby gbash1981 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:11 am

The errors do not look serious. I have seen same error on one of my servers without any performance issues.

For the postgres, you should probably re-build Scalix DB . Remove the postgres database manually and run the installer to re-configure scalix-db component.

ebhannes

Re: Tomcat issue, Postgresql question

Postby ebhannes » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:10 am

gbash1981 wrote:The errors do not look serious. I have seen same error on one of my servers without any performance issues.

Hopefully you're right

gbash1981 wrote:For the postgres, you should probably re-build Scalix DB . Remove the postgres database manually and run the installer to re-configure scalix-db component.

Already done (Although i have to admit that i had real problems getting rid of the already installed db). But still confused that i haven't experienced any effect if postgres isn't running.

Return to “Scalix Server”